Last modified: 16 Oct 2020
Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Tree House Technologies Ltd. via the App or Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the App or Website and/or when you use certain features of the App or Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Tree House Technologies Ltd., we or us
Tree House Technologies Ltd., a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10089072 whose registered office is at The Tree House, 2a Railway Street, Cambridge, CB1 9LL;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the App or Website and is not either (i) employed by Tree House Technologies Ltd. and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Tree House Technologies Ltd. and accessing the App or Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the Website that you are using, , and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
the mobile phone application you are using, on the Android or iOS operating system
the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
“including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
04. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Tree House Technologies Ltd. is the “data controller”. This means that Tree House Technologies Ltd. determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
05. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
date of birth;
contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
IP address (automatically collected);
web browser type and version (automatically collected);
mobile browser, device and version (automatically collected)
operating system (automatically collected);
a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
skills and personal attributes related to the club or sport you take part in;
photos, files and messages you share with other users;
How we collect Data
06. We collect Data in the following ways:
data is given to us by you ;
data is received from other sources; and
data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
07. Tree House Technologies Ltd. will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
when you contact us through the App or Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
when you register with us and set up an account to receive our services;
when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
when you make payments to us, through our Website, App or otherwise;
when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
when you use our services;
when other users share information about you relating to your interaction with them or other users;
Data that is received from third parties
08. Tree House Technologies Ltd. will receive Data about you from the following third parties:
the club or organisation you are a member of as part of the services they offer to you via us;
your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) if you are under the age of 18.
Data that is collected automatically
09. To the extent that you access the App or Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
we automatically collect some information about your visit to the App or Website. This information helps us to make improvements to our content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the App or Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the App or Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
10. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our App or Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
internal record keeping;
improvement of our services;
contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, mobile app or email. Such information may be used to customise or update the App or Website to you and we will never sell or share your personal information to other third parties for their marketing purposes;
11. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to understand and improve our service via internal analysis and professional advice;
third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure services we provide via the App or Website run smoothly;
third party payment providers who process payments made over the App or Website – to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
relevant authorities – to comply with national law and to facilitate the detection of crime;
Keeping Data secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
access to your account is controlled with login credentials that are unique to your account.
we store your Data on secure servers.
payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
15. Our third party software vendors are all certified to SOC 2 and/or ISO27001. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
16. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: .
17. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
18. Unless a longer retention period is required by law, we will only hold your Data on our systems for 3 years or until you request that the Data be deleted, whichever is sooner.
19. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media where required for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
20. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
21. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: .
22. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at
23. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
24. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
25. We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, e.g. by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
26. To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
29. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
30. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
32. All Cookies used by our Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
33. Before the App or Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Tree House Technologies Ltd. to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the App or Website may not function fully or as intended.
34. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
35. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
36. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
37. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the App or Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
38. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
39. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
42. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
43. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Tree House Technologies Ltd. by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
Session Cookie: We use this session cookie to remember you and maintain your session whilst you are using our website.
Analytical Cookie: We use this cookie to help us analyse how users use the App or Website.
Traffic Cookie: We use this cookie to identify your computer and analyse traffic patterns on our website.
You can find more privacy related information in our frequently asked questions at dropletapp.com/faq
Last update: 21 February 2020.
Tree House Technologies Ltd. t/a Droplet
The Droplet Team
47 – 51 Norfolk Street